Thursday, January 27, 2011

Food Journaling Insights

Taking the time to stop and record my daily food intake has not only made me more mindful of what I am eating, but has also curbed my tendency to eat quickly between daily tasks. Sometimes I get so busy in my day that eating has felt like almost an inconvenience. What an irrational and backwards way of looking at food! How different would we feel physically and emotionally if we planned our day around one of the most vital aspects of our ability to thrive, instead of squeezing it in between everything else?

In my food journaling I have also noticed that my hurried relationship with food results in my hunger level always skyrocketing toward a 5 out of 5 just one or two hours after I've eaten. If I calm the excessive fire of my "go! go! go!" Pitta ways I won't burn through my fuel as quickly. Slowing down to eat and planning to sit calmly while I consume, allows me to fully absorb my food, leaving me better nourished, satiated, and satisfied.

L. H.
Submitted on day 14 of Yoga Challenge

No comments: