Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 21!

Yesterday's class was a great way to achieve my 21-day benchmark. It was a packed class and I felt very connected to the Sol Yoga community. I had help from the multiple, smiley, chatty volunteers and staff members who were there. I was deeply moved by the music the teacher chose, and shared a lovely moment with a friend and teacher on the mat by my side. The level of flow was just a tad sweaty and left me feeling warm and strong. Yesterday, yoga DID work for me.

I connected to a physical, spiritual and communal energy and hope that the 25 other people in class shared some of that positive feeling. It was a joyous experience for me and continues to have a residual calming effect today, a day later. And that is a great thing for me, while I struggle to find a paycheck, a job, a career to support my life and future. It isn't easy and I feel frustrated and down at least once a week. This daily practice of yoga provides an outlet and balance for this tough time.

I am grateful, once again, for Sol Yoga, its teachers, its students and its affect on my life.

Namaste,
Amanda Mizeur

No comments: