Sunday, January 16, 2011

On Bent Knees

"Lying Down on Bent Knees" (reclined hero pose)
By Leza Lowitz
Read during Savasana by Kristina on 1/12/11

Down on my knees
I peel back the layers of the world.
Nothing left to do
but embrace everything
as it is.
I want to live,
but when I die
I want my funeral to be
like this
and for everyone to bring a sunflower,
bright yellow face
to offer up above.
I want them to shower
my path with light
and send the tall sky
a flower worthy of beholding
and if I gave them anything at all
approaching the gifts they gave me
I want my friends to wash away the sadness
and my enemies to know
I thank them for helping me
never break the promise
of being true to myself.
I want my funeral
to start right now
with a celebration of my life,
proof that everything
in this world-
no matter how broken-
can be transformed.

No comments: